Travel Around Hitchcock
$5.00 Admission per child ages 2 – 12.
Adults are free and must remain with children.
Receive your own “passport” when you arrive then travel about this 160 year old building to discover some new adventures for all! Receive a passport stamps wherever you travel!
Events April 21, 2016
· 10-2 Games, Battleship, Dominos, Quelf, Pick up Sticks, hoola hoops, hopscotch… (lower west and outside)
· 10-2 Find Historic clues around the building to uncover a tale from the past
· 10-2 Self-Guided Outdoor Scavenger Hunt and Geocaching (ongoing with intro/self-guided front hall)
· 10-2 Pose for pictures in 1860’s “attire” ( lower west)
· 10-2 The Last Green Valley - Water Table is available to play with water to help discover how water and other items act during rain storms with Christine Armstrong from The Last Green Valley (lower auditorium)
. 10-2 Noodle Doodle Art with Marcia Beal (lower west)
· 10-12 Traveling Violinist and Hitchcock Instructor - Linda Day (lower auditorium and wandering minstrel)
· 10-12 Touch a Truck- Visit a Fire Truck and a Highway Departmentbackhoe to see them up close and discover some of the special functions of the vehicles(parking lot)
· 10-12 Dog Demonstration with trainer Laurie Merritt (outside)
· 10:00-10:20 and repeat 11:00-11:20 Time for a Belly Laugh Discover ways to laugh together for fun and health with Toni Cioto (upper auditorium)
· 12:00 – 2:00 Judo demonstrations and beginner friendly activities with Sensei Israel Lopez (upper auditorium)
· 12:30 -1:00 Pokeeno at with a sweet treat for the winner! (lower west)
· 1:00-2:00 Charles Public Speaking Contest ( see details below) with $25 Hitchcock gift certificate. Prizes for ages 5-6, 7-9, and 10-12. The topic will be “What I learned Traveling around Hitchcock” It may focus on the events of the day or any experiences at Hitchcock in the past. Ask for our guidelines. (lower auditorium)
Lunchroom: Recreation Room is available for you to eat your bag lunch. Some snack food and beverages are available in the kitchen.
Charles Public Speaking Contest on April 21, 2016 1:00-2:00
In 1922, Dr. Fredrick Charles, of Hitchcock’s class of 1882, made a gift to the Academy in honor of his father, Abraham Charles. The money is to be used to award prizes for the Charles Public Speaking Contests.
When: During our “Travel around Hitchcock” special events on Thursday, April 21, 2016 Hitchcock is offering a wide variety of fun family activities and one activity will be a Public Speaking Contest with 3 categories for ages 5-7, 8-9 and 10-12.
Prizes: The winner in each category ages 5-7, 8-9 and 10-12, will each receive a $25 gift certificate that may be used toward class registration for any program held at Hitchcock.
Guidelines: Each participant will be asked to present a 1-2 minute presentation about anything they experienced in their “Travels around Hitchcock” and it can be from any time spent at Hitchcock, not on April 21. Presenters will be judged on poise, articulation and originality of the presentation.
Preregistration is strongly suggested. You will be assigned a time to speak between 1:00-2:00.
Or you may register by calling 413 245-9977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org