Brimfield- Sing in the Solstice with the community on International Make Music Day Brimfield, June 21st 6-8 PM! Hitchcock Academy hosts many programs with extremely talented musician and they are gathering to share their love of music with the community to celebrate the arrival of summer!
Last year, over 750 cities around the world threw citywide music celebrations on June 21. It all started 35 years ago in France. In 1982, Jack Lang and his staff at the Ministry of Culture dreamed up an idea for a new kind of musical holiday. They imagined a day where free, live music would be everywhere: street corners and parks, rooftops and gardens, store fronts and mountaintops.
During Make Music Brimfield at Hitchcock, everyone is invited to stop in to join our drumming circle, bring a chair and tap your feet, dance or sing along with our performers:
· 6:00 Dave & Erin Wallace as Bonnie & Clyde;
· 6:30 Jodi Stevens – Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Saxophone & Clarinet instructor is a graduate of Berkley College of Music
· 7:00 Christina Richard – Our piano instructor has performed in Carnegie Hall;
· 7:30 Watson & Co.
· 6:15 Southbridge Bells & Beaus Hand Bell Group;
· 6:45 Jared Fiske & Rob Adams – Local favorite professional musicians;
· 7:15 Linda Day & her students – Violin & Viola instructor performed 22 years Austin Symphony Orchestra
· 7:45 Gentlemen Jack - Pop Oldies
· Drumming circle with Tim Kane
This is all being made possible Thanks to our sponsorship:
Hitchcock Academy has always had music as a part of its offerings since it opened as a school in 1855. We currently offer Violin, Viola, Saxophone, Clarinet, Drumming, Guitar, Bass Guitar, and Piano lessons. All of our music instructors we be on hand to chat with any interested students.
The evening will be culminating with folks joining in a Kazoo finale!